Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Islamic Finance - Road Ahead

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious and the Most Merciful.

Today is my second day staying at Istana Hotel. Since yesterday I have been invited by organizer CERT for the Kuala Lumpur Islamic Finance Forum 2008. I am very thankful to Allah and to those give me an opportunity to participate in this prestigious event. Even though this is my third time joining this such event. As for me, Islamic Finance is not a static subject that can be ignored. It's like growing and keep growing.

The KLIFF 2008 is officiated by YAB Dato' Sri Najib Tun Abd Razak, deputy prime minister of Malaysia. Approximately 300 participants attend to this event. As an observer, I am proud to be one of them and of course felt eagerly to join the forum. The topics discussed are more focus on the current issue like hedging in forward and futures market (for the yesterday discussion, sukuk, Malaysia as a centre of halal hub, roles of shariah scholars in the Islamic Finance.

Definitely tomorrow I will continue my writing on this event, what will be discuss tomorrow as well as the conclusion of two days forum. And I really hope by participating this such event will improve my little knowledge as well as to gain more and more ilmu that very substantial and important. After this two days forum I will attend another convention namely International Convention Takaful and Retakaful.

With that.. till then and be continued....

1145
833, Istana Hotel

No comments:

Softening Brush

 Bismillah. The hectic week has just begun, and I need to slot in my packed time, even 5 minutes, to sharpen my art skill of sketching up an...